Major Socket Update
It’s been over 3 years since the public Beta of Socket, and since then we’ve generated a quarter million quotes equating to a dollar value of $220,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. I’m not even sure how to say that number!
We have received tons of great feedback from our awesome users, and have a long list of cool features we want to develop.
First things first, the calculations portion of our code needed to be revamped to improve it’s efficiency, testability and scalability. After 4 long months, I’m happy to say, it’s finally complete, and available now. The observable benefits of these improvements are increases in the speed of generating, editing and viewing Quotes and their PDFs.
In addition, please enjoy the following new features and bug fixes:
- A notification feature, which likely brought you here! This will keep you updated as we roll out new features.
- The forgot password functionality now shows the account name and username. In addition, if the email address is associated with more than one account, you now have the option of resetting each Socket User.
- Implemented basic, unobtrusive anti-spam measures for public facing Quote Forms. This is enabled on all Quote Forms by default.
- When generating an internal Quote, Users can override the default Tax Zone that would normally be applied by specifying their own. This provides a “human solution” for our customers that need tax specified at the US County level, or if you deal with many different Tax Zones and don’t want to create them all ahead of time.
- When generating an internal Quote, Users can override the default shipping zone that would normally be applied by specifying a shipping amount
- In an Item’s Settings tab, you can specify an internal item note, which is visible when generating an internal quote, under the item’s description. Useful for upselling, or reminding the salesperson of item relationships that they should try and enforce.
Bug Fixes / Improvements
- Fixed an interface bug that occurred when adding files to the Quote Form’s Content section, where it would not show the new files immediately after submitting the form.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the CC and BCC fields from working correctly if you opted to email the Quote at the time of generation.
- Improved the Freshbooks connector to properly handle shipping
- Improved the Xero connector to properly handle unit prices up to 4 decimals, as Socket does
- Fixed a bug with the PayPal confirmation screen, which always showed that a deposit payment was being made if the Quote Form had this enabled.
- Significant server hardware improvements to manage traffic and decrease load times for the entire application.
So, while we haven’t yet developed all of your requested features, this update will make it much easier to do so. With the new notification feature, we can keep you updated as we roll them out!